||HOSPITALITY & HUMAN SERVICES
|High School Courses
||Cosmetology I, II
||Cosmetology 100, 150, 200, 250 (Each class is 7 credits)
||State Board of Cosmetology License (1,500 hours required in order to take State Boards)
|Internships and Work Experiences
Students operate the MACC Hair Salon working on actual customers.
Second-semester seniors who have earned over 1,500 hours may be placed in limited internship.
| What will I be learning in this college/career pathway?
- You will learn and practice all the cosmetology State Standards through theory lessons and working on actual customers in the MACC salon.
- You will receive training in giving shampoos, rinses, scalp treatments, hair styling, straightening, perming, coloring, tinting, bleaching, facials, and manicures.
- Because you need to know the scientific knowledge behind the practices in the Cosmetology field, you will learn about bacteriology, anatomy, hygiene and sanitation.
- You will also gain experience with setting up your own business (salon) management, record keeping, and customer relationship skills.
- When you finish this two-year program, you will be ready to pass your State cosmetology examination and obtain your Cosmetology License.
|What career options will this program prepare me to pursue?
|Hair Stylist (Beginner)
|Hair Stylist (Experienced)
||Post secondary Technical Training
Cosmetology Course Outline
Cosmetology Clinic Price List