What will I be learning in this college/career pathway?
- You will wear bunker gear while practicing methods of entry, rescue principles and practices, and utilizing all types of fire fighting equipment such as extinguishers, pumps, hoses, ropes, ladders, gas masks, and hydrants.
- You will learn to operate the MACC fire truck as part of a fire fighting team and have the opportunity to view fire trucks and equipment used by local fire departments.
- Through hands-on activities, you learn how to perform CPR, use an Automated External Defibrillator, handle spinal and bone fracture immobilization techniques, provide oxygen, and other advanced first aid procedures as you practice on manikins and other students with assistance from local EMT's
- Hazardous materials training includes learning about chemical and radiation hazards and methods designed to ensure community safety and effective methods of containment and clean-up.
- If you want to explore a career as a Firefighter, EMT, or hazardous materials expert, this is the course for you.