The program area curriculum is based on preparing students for state and national certifications, such as those listed below. In some cases, national certifications are accepted in lieu of college course work.
- State Board of Cosmetology
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Microsoft Office Certification: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator
- Certified Network Webmaster
- National Board Certification Test for Dental Assisting (DANB)
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- First Responders Certification
- Associated Builders & Contractors Credit (ABC)
- Indiana WorkKeys Basic Skills Assessment
Certificates of Technical Achievement (CTA) are awarded to students who pass scenario-based evaluations that measure a student's knowledge and technical skills in an occupational area. Indiana Certificates of Technical Achievement are issued by the Department of Workforce Development and signed by the Governor. CTA's are used by both businesses and educational institutions as an assessment of an individual's skills in a specific occupational area.